Wednesday, 19 August 2026
BreakingNewsEU

Europe first. Updated automatically from the world's leading newsrooms.

← All headlines
The Guardian World· World

Roblox commits to privacy overhaul after eSafety discovers adults can contact children via gaming platform

Regulator says verifiable safety measures are ‘critical’ to the online service’s viabilityGet our breaking news email, free app or daily news podcastRoblox has committed to making changes to its online gaming platform after Australia’s eSafety commissioner discovered adults were still able to see child accounts and send connection requests without parental consent.The company has provided a legal

Published Wednesday, 19 August 2026 at 15:00
Roblox commits to privacy overhaul after eSafety discovers adults can contact children via gaming platform
Regulator says verifiable safety measures are ‘critical’ to the online service’s viabilityGet our breaking news email, free app or daily news podcastRoblox has committed to making changes to its online gaming platform after Australia’s eSafety commissioner discovered adults were still able to see child accounts and send connection requests without parental consent.The company has provided a legal agreement to the online safety regulator after testing earlier this year also revealed children and adults could view and respond to one another’s posts on forums outside game environments without parental consent. Continue reading...

This is a syndicated summary. Read the full story at the original publisher:

Read on The Guardian World