Monday, 17 August 2026
BreakingNewsEU

Europe first. Updated automatically from the world's leading newsrooms.

← All headlines
The Guardian World· World

Netanyahu and Kushner talks make no breakthrough on stalled Gaza deal

Israeli PM again insists troops will not withdraw from strip until Hamas first disarms, but calls meeting constructiveBenjamin Netanyahu has told Donald Trump’s son-in-law and envoy Jared Kushner there can be no progress on the stalled Gaza ceasefire deal or an Israeli withdrawal from the coastal strip until Hamas first disarms.An Israeli official said there had been no breakthrough in ‌the meetin

Published Monday, 17 August 2026 at 16:42
Netanyahu and Kushner talks make no breakthrough on stalled Gaza deal
Israeli PM again insists troops will not withdraw from strip until Hamas first disarms, but calls meeting constructiveBenjamin Netanyahu has told Donald Trump’s son-in-law and envoy Jared Kushner there can be no progress on the stalled Gaza ceasefire deal or an Israeli withdrawal from the coastal strip until Hamas first disarms.An Israeli official said there had been no breakthrough in ‌the meeting between the pair, saying Netanyahu had made it clear the IDF would not withdraw and would continue to carry out operations in Gaza. Continue reading...

This is a syndicated summary. Read the full story at the original publisher:

Read on The Guardian World